Friday, September 29, 2006

Introduction

Hello and welcome to my blog. I am scheduled to update this at least weekly, although at times I may be more prolific.

I have worked in pushing industrial protocols through Ethernet and IP for nearly 2 decades. This means using TCP/IP or UDP/IP to communicate between devices on a local or even world-wide scale. At present my job involves use of cellular networks, so most of the blog will focus on "adventures" in fooling poorly-written Ethernet applications to talk to a remote IP address.

Topics to cover:
  • How to write cellular/satellite friendly host applications
  • How to work around poorly written host applications
  • Over time I'll slowly discuss various common industrial protocols and how well they do or don't work to remote IP addresses.

No comments: