The Digi One IAP allows bridging AB protocols:
- Ethernet/IP Master (such as ControlLogix) can query DF1 PLC
- CSPv4 Master (such as RSLinx, PLC5E or SLC5/05) can query DF1 PLC
- DF1 encapsulated in TCP/Ip (such as OPC server) can query serial DF1 PLC
- Modbus Master (TCP, RTU, or ASCII) can query DF1 PLC as-if a Modbus slave.
All of these can function concurrently, as the serial port is moving pure DF1.
The Digi One IAP cannot support DH485 because (like ProfiBus) the token rotation is too fast to be encapsulated over Ethernet successfully.
The general Rockwell Bridging is discussed in this PDF file:
Quick comparison of Digi One IAP to the 1761-NET-ENI:
|Product||Digi One IAP||1761-NET-ENI|
|Ethernet/IP to DF1 FullDuplex||YES||YES|
|CSPv4 (PLC5E protocol) to DF1 FullDuplex||YES||no|
|Modbus to DF1 FullDuplex||YES||no|
|DF1 encapsulated in TCP/IP or UDP/IP||YES||no|
|DF1 by port redirection||YES||YES|
|Supports DF1 Radio Modem||YES (next release "H")||no|
|Maximum active Masters/Peers||64||4|
|Configuration by Web||YES||no|
|Configuration by Telnet or SSH||YES||no|
Basically, the Digi One IAP does everything the 1761-NET-ENI does (plus much more) except:
- The Digi One IAP does NOT handle CIP encapsulated within DF1, which is required only for RSLinx to CompactLogix RS-232 port
- The Digi One IAP does NOT have emails triggered by PLC MSG blocks
- RSLinx won't talk Ethernet/IP through the Digi One IAP - it will talk "Ethernet Driver" fine. This is *NOT* related to existance of an EDS file. RSLinx talks via the 1761-NET-ENI because it is hard-coded to treat the ENI special. There is no EDS file information which RSLinx examines to function with the ENI.